National Biodiversity Centre invites application for the post of Project Support Officer under the “Implementing the Nagoya Protocol on Access to Genetic Resources and Benefit Sharing in Bhutan” Project. The post is on a contract basis for a period of 24 months with an extension for another 22 months based on performance. The application form along with required documents mentioned below should be submitted to the HRD Office, MoAF latest by 19th November 2014. Applications without the necessary documents will not be considered for short listing. The shortlisted candidate will be announced on 21st November, 2014 through NBC and MoAF websites.
|Position Title||Position Level||Slot||Minimum Qualification|
|Project Support Officer||P5||1||Bachelors degree with minimum 2 years of work experience preferably in project management|
- Degree Certificate
- Curriculum Vitae
- Duly filled Employment application form (available on www.rcsc.gov.bt)
- Security Clearance Certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- NOC from parent agency, if the candidate is already employed
- CID copy
- Proof of working experience
- Any relevant certificates of training or achievements (optional)
Terms of Reference for National Project Support Officer
Job Title: National Project Support Officer [Equivalent to P5 (A)] (Contract Basis)
Job Location: National Biodiversity Centre, Serbithang, Thimphu
PURPOSE, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Purpose: To assist or facilitate the Project Manager in day to day project administration, coordination of communication and awareness raising activities planned under the project and implementation of the activities under the project. He/She shall work under the supervision of the Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the guidance and supervision of the NPM, the PSO will carry out the following tasks:
- Assist the National Project Manager in day-to-day management and oversight of project activities;
- Consolidate and prepare technical and financial progress reports in accordance with standard reporting policies and procedures set by UNDP and GEF;
- Ensure compliance of planned project activities through visits to project sites;
- Coordinate with UNDP and the Ministry of Finance on timely release of funds required for planned project activities, and ensure timely expenditure reporting to trigger fund releases;
- Provide logistical support to consultants as required including travel arrangements and meetings with project stakeholders;
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of training and awareness-building activities (project component 2). This will include overseeing and coordinating the development of training, communication and awareness-raising materials, and coordinating with the media in the dissemination of audio-visuals and other communication products developed for awareness-building;
- Maintain all documents, including consulting reports and knowledge resource products emanating from, or relevant to, the project for record and reference
- Perform other miscellaneous office works (e.g. filing, follow ups, meetings, paper works etc.)
- Assist and collaborate in assignments to other staffs within the Divisions as and when necessary.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by supervisors.
QUALIFICATION & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENT
- Minimum Bachelors Degree, preferably in the field of development management and/or development communications
- Minimum 2 years of experience preferably in project management
- Very good language skills in English(writing, speaking and reading) and in Dzongkha (speaking and reading)
- Very good inter-personal skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer software such as MS Word, MS Excel and MS Publisher
He/She will be on contract commencing from December 2014 till November 2016. However, based on the performance the term will be extended till September 2018.
|Estimate in Nu.||
|30% contract allowance||
|Total salary per month||